Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Does anyone know how to reconcile an album so that songs which are shown as "Uploaded" can be converted into "Matched"? It seems like perhaps iTunes Match bobbled the matching process and Uploaded songs which should have been Matched.

For example: The soundtrack for "AI" has 13 songs. In my iTunes, 11 songs are Matched; the other 2 are Uploaded. I'd like to force iTunes Match to try to get those 2 songs to be Matched instead.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Does anyone know how to reconcile an album so that songs which are shown as "Uploaded" can be converted into "Matched"? It seems like perhaps iTunes Match bobbled the matching process and Uploaded songs which should have been Matched.

For example: The soundtrack for "AI" has 13 songs. In my iTunes, 11 songs are Matched; the other 2 are Uploaded. I'd like to force iTunes Match to try to get those 2 songs to be Matched instead.

Looking at the album in iTunes store, songs 5 and 13 stand out by having different artists than the rest of the songs. I'm just guessing, but could it be those two songs that are uploaded instead of matched? In that case, maybe it's just a question of changing the tags in the files so that they match?

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Looking at the album in iTunes store, songs 5 and 13 stand out by having different artists than the rest of the songs. I'm just guessing, but could it be those two songs that are uploaded instead of matched? In that case, maybe it's just a question of changing the tags in the files so that they match?
Those aren't the songs that were Uploaded instead of Matched; in my case, songs 8 and 11 are Uploaded. So, good idea, but I don't think it applies in this case.

There's got to be a way to tell iTunes, "Please try AGAIN to rematch this song; if you do, then get rid of the Uploaded version and we'll go with the Matched version."

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
I'm having the same problem with a number of albums. 12 songs will match fine, but one track -- somewhere randomly in the middle of the album -- will upload instead. Out of 10,000 songs, I had around 2,600 uploads.

There must be some way to fix a song and then ask iTunes to retry the match for that song. Anyone? :confused:

Spiffyis5150

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I have the same problem too although at least it's a small amount of songs. Still, it's very annoying that only a few tracks don't match even though the rest of the album did. I hope there's a way to force an update to recognize these orphaned songs.

delvestoodeep

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
I'm having the same problem with a number of albums. 12 songs will match fine, but one track -- somewhere randomly in the middle of the album -- will upload instead. Out of 10,000 songs, I had around 2,600 uploads.

There must be some way to fix a song and then ask iTunes to retry the match for that song. Anyone? :confused:

I tried editing metadata and even resizing the song to be exactly the same length as the iTunes 'official' version. Many times on old rips, the songs would have an extra few seconds of nothing at the end. *shrug* Messing with these things did not help.

In order to ask iTunes Match to look at the files again, I renamed the original file so that I wouldn't lose it, and deleted the item from my iTunes library. There is a dialogue box that asks if you want to delete the item from iCloud. I selected this in order to clear everything out, everywhere. Then I added in the new version of the song that I'd resized, or alternately the newly edited metadata version. I appeared in the library with a status of 'waiting'. Once, it started updating iTunes match immediately. Another time I had to prompt iTunes match to update via the store drop down menu. In each case, all it did was re-upload.

I think we're looking at something perhaps incomplete in Apple's own data about their songs. Either the matching criteria for that song is incomplete or there is a conflict somewhere internally... perhaps the song is the 'same' version on two or more albums and iTunes match doesn't know what to do?

It's strange because there were things from years ago that I ripped from cd, clearly made a typo in the metadata... yet iTunes 'matched' these. Eh, maybe it will just take some time to get matching perfected.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Same as everyone else, I have many albums that iTunes decided to upload a single song. Some of these are albums with a bonus track that isn't offered on iTunes. Many of them are just a random song in the middle of the album.

Hopefully with time this issue will be fixed. I have many albums I upgraded to 256kbps but they still have a track or two stuck at 128.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Same as everyone else, I have many albums that iTunes decided to upload a single song. Some of these are albums with a bonus track that isn't offered on iTunes. Many of them are just a random song in the middle of the album.

Hopefully with time this issue will be fixed. I have many albums I upgraded to 256kbps but they still have a track or two stuck at 128.

I'm hopeful this gets resolved over time... I really don't like having 90% of an album upgraded to 256kbps, while 10% remains the old 128kbps encodes.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
this is really annoying me. i like consistency! haha funny thing is my cds are packed away so i tried downloading the one or two tracks it didn't match and low and behold it worked. i'm sorry but its just easier to download these songs than to digup my cds and search through them and then re rip. time consuming though, but i'm a little anal about my music collection.

vicfalc09

macrumors member
May 22, 2008
Can you explain that in more detail what you did. What do you mean redownloded? What was the process you followed.?

phinsup

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2008
Las vegas
same issue here, all the songs on album will be matched, even ones i bought from iTunes, but one song will say uploaded. makes no sense I know they have the song they sold it to me.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
Can you explain that in more detail what you did. What do you mean redownloded? What was the process you followed.?

download it off the internet "illegaly" though i own the cd... its just easier. though i'm finding it doesn't always work so its frustrating when it turns out to be a waste of time. wish we knew how exactly they were "matching" tracks... the metadata doesn't seem to matter, and track length doesn't consistently have to match... bonus tracks really throw it off...

my only guess is that itunes somehow has a different version from what was put on cds and that is somehow throwing it off. doesn't make sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.