Some app icons show up with a circle and bar

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I have a mid 2011 mac mini with dual hard drives.

On one of them, some of the apps suddenly show up with a circle and bar through them, when I click and get info, it shows its size and path.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I dont know if they worked, but I know when I used to click on this hard drive, all the apps would show up normally, this is on the secondary hard drive wich has osx lion on it. I have not done any updates on it for awhile, it came with lion on it.

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Hi,

It's the version of Mac OS X that your Mac's running that matters. Check under 'About this Mac" from your Apple Menu. Unless you're booted from the secondary drive, I don't think the OS installed on there matters.

I still suspect that the problem is that the apps aren't compatible with the OS and/or hardware you're using. Maybe there are newer versions of the apps that you could update to?

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Ok, i will have to check that, but it looks like to do this i will have to boot up into the secondary hard drive, so I can go in and check there.

do i do a command option upon startup to get into this secondary hard drive? right now, it is not set as the primary start up disk.