Some apple apps on my MBP just disappeared?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dryJ, Jan 24, 2009.

1. dryJ macrumors newbie

Last Thursday, i shut my MBP down and gave it to a friend to look after while I went on a driving lesson, OS X has a password so he couldn't have got in, but when i turned it back on that afternoon, some of my apps were missing, such as Address Book, iCal, iChat, iSync, Safari and a few others I still haven't noticed. I have been able to re-install the apps, but why did it happen in the first place?!?!

Early '08 Macbook Pro 2.5GHz version

Any help much appreciated.

EDIT: I haven't been able to re-install iSync, it isn't available on Apple's website for download, and other sites want me to pay. It isn't a re-install option when i put the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 in. Any help in re-installing iSync would be very helpful.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Use Pacifist to grab iSync off of the install disc.

I have no idea what could have triggered the apps to disappear other than someone gaining access to the system and deleting them. They don't just disappear.

3. dryJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellent, this has worked a treat, and I have now got a list of all applications that got removed:

Calculator
    Chess
    Dictionary
    Font Book
    Front Row
    Image Capture
    iSync
    Photo Booth
    Preview
    Stickies
    Safari
    iCal
    Address Book
    iChat

I have been able to reinstall them all using Pacifist, thanks for that link.

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yea Pacifist is a must-have app in case anything happens to your apps, like what happened to you.