Some Apple Music songs show up as an iCloud Matched file

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Poob Bubes, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I just noticed today that on all my iOS devices, I have a ton of music that pops up the following message when I try and play it:

This item cannot be downloaded.
    The item you have requested is not available for download.

The only workaround I have found is to remove the song from My Music and then add it back.
    It plays fine after that.

All the files that exhibit this issue show up in iTunes as a Matched file even though they should be listed as an Apple Music file. See the following image. Any songs that match the criteria of the middle file will not play on my iOS devices. There is a large amount of them too so I'm not sure how to fix this.

[​IMG]

2. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Well I was hoping someone else was sharing in my misery. This is total BS. I have tried every work around imaginable but those 3100 tracks that were affected are hosed.

I thought I got clever and put all the affected files in a playlist that I shared with my wife. I thought I could just mass delete all the songs and then duplicate the playlist on her end and share it back. I was able to share it back but there is no way to add all files back in bulk. My only option is to click the ... next to each song, wait for the slow ass popup and then add it to My Music. Great.

And now my iCloud music is unavailable from all the different attempts at adding in bulk so I have to wait on their servers to bless my account again. Sorry, just needed to vent. I've been fairly pleased with AM in general until today.