Some apple store support guys say...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macfanboy, Aug 24, 2009.

1. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

that the $29 version of SL is the full version.

i have a pic of one of my conversations (its only his side of the conversation because i accidentally hot-keyed to a bookmark)

to make it easier to understand, my side of the conversation was about using the $29 to install snow leopard on a second partition if it can detect an install of Leopard.

EDIT: i forgot to mention about half of the employees took the OTHER side and said this can only upgrade.

I'm starting to agree with the 'upgrade only' side because it makes more sense (in apple's eyes).

Attached Files:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

As always, take this with a grain of salt. These are the same people who have been wrong dozens of times in the past.

3. tlauer1 macrumors newbie

Duh.

4. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Install Leopard on another partition. Then upgrade that partition. Tah dah.

5. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was just trying to get him to reveal info about the SL DVD. Im not really going to do this. sorry i didnt mention that

6. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Oh, no problem. I believe the only way to get the full Snow Leopard OS is to buy the $169 box set. Though maybe apple will release a standalone SL. I think they want everyone to have the updated software along with SL so that's probably why.

7. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I don't know... the tech's chat text just reads like he's talking to some newbie.

He's probably been fielding calls from people who can't believe they get the real deal for just $29.