Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
that the $29 version of SL is the full version.

i have a pic of one of my conversations (its only his side of the conversation because i accidentally hot-keyed to a bookmark)

to make it easier to understand, my side of the conversation was about using the $29 to install snow leopard on a second partition if it can detect an install of Leopard.

EDIT: i forgot to mention about half of the employees took the OTHER side and said this can only upgrade.

I'm starting to agree with the 'upgrade only' side because it makes more sense (in apple's eyes).

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 70

tlauer1

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009

i have a pic of one of my conversations (its only his side of the conversation because i accidentally hot-keyed to a bookmark)

to make it easier to understand, my side of the conversation was about using the $29 to install snow leopard on a second partition if it can detect an install of Leopard.

Duh.

Switz213

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008

Install Leopard on another partition. Then upgrade that partition. Tah dah.

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Install Leopard on another partition. Then upgrade that partition. Tah dah.

I was just trying to get him to reveal info about the SL DVD. Im not really going to do this. sorry i didnt mention that

Switz213

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
I was just trying to get him to reveal info about the SL DVD. Im not really going to do this. sorry i didnt mention that

Oh, no problem. I believe the only way to get the full Snow Leopard OS is to buy the $169 box set. Though maybe apple will release a standalone SL. I think they want everyone to have the updated software along with SL so that's probably why.

Richard1028

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2009
I don't know... the tech's chat text just reads like he's talking to some newbie.

He's probably been fielding calls from people who can't believe they get the real deal for just $29.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.