MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has decorated some of its retail stores around the world with a series of colorful stripes that are designed to celebrate the International Collection of Apple Watch bands that were released in June.

apple-stores-international-colors.jpg
Image via Storetellee

Several photos of the decorated Apple Store locations have been shared on Twitter, showing off stripes in different country colors. Both the new Apple Watch bands and the striped Apple Store decorations come ahead of the 2021 Olympic Games that are set to begin in Tokyo, Japan on Friday, July 23. Apple Stores in Japan, Italy, the U.S., and other countries are featuring the new design.

Apple's International Collection features Apple Watch bands dedicated to the following countries:
  • Australia
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • China
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Great Britain
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Jamaica
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Russia
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • United States
Bands are priced at $49.99 each and feature the same design and materials as other Sport Loop options. Apple has also made matching watch faces available.

Article Link: Some Apple Stores Decorated in Flag Colors to Celebrate New International Apple Watch Bands

Reactions: sydneysider88

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
The bands look great when combined with the watch faces. Really like what they did with the US band and face combo. Well done!

Comment

zakarhino

macrumors demi-god
Sep 13, 2014
Berkeley
Don't mind me, just getting my post in before comments disabled.

Also most of the watch bands for the 44mm are out of stock unfortunately, I was looking to pick up a couple of them as they're really nicely themed.

Comment

Wanted797

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
Is it weird to Americans that technically Australia’s (and others) flags are also red, white and blue?

I’m Australian but our flag is so alien to me. Every time I see it go ‘oh yeah, that’s what our flag looks like.’

I’m usually expecting something green or yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sydneysider88
Comment

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
Is it weird to Americans that technically Australia’s (and others) flags are also red, white and blue?

I’m Australian but our flag is so alien to me. Every time I see it go ‘oh yeah, that’s what our flag looks like.’

As an American, I can’t say I ever thought twice about us having a similar colored flag. That said, I’ve always thought the Aussie flag was pretty cool looking.

The US flag is a fairly important symbol in our country. It was hanging in every classroom when I was growing up, and a number of Americans fly it in their front yards. My father was a veteran, and always had a flag flying when he was alive.

Reactions: Razorpit
Comment

mazz0

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK

I’m not generally patriotic, like, *at all*, but I gotta say I think red white and blue flags are the most attractive. Britain, France, America*, Australia, all quite pretty.

*did you know America was named after someone who never even went there, by someone who never even went there?

Comment

ELman

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2017
Will the 44mm New Zealand band ever be in stock? The U.S. store has been out of stock shortly after release.

Comment

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
*There's no watch band in the colours of the Indonesian flag, so...erm what....just cut of the blue part.🤔

*History
Canadian sport loop seems to be the closest match for that. Apart from CAN marking below the velcro.

No need to tear any band, or flag LOL.

Comment

Yammabot

macrumors regular
May 15, 2017
Northern NJ
Did I hear rumors about Apple Watch 7…?? Just broke my series 2 (3rd time) and now have to wait for the new generation. Sad but true

Comment

bwillwall

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009

Aussie is of British descent. I would expect it to be red white and blue. If it was green and yellow I would think I was looking at an African flag.

Comment

tonyberinson

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
Thats Aventura isnt it? We visited when in Florida back in April 2019 - I am from Perth Australia - was a long way to go - but well worth seeing it - love the monkeys...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.