some apps not sycning through iTunes to iPhone 4....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Oct 18, 2010.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I just recently restored my iP4 and tried to sync everything over back to the phone.

Some of my music wouldn't sync. I'd get an error message saying iTunes can't find the file....anyhow, to fix that I just located the file and iTunes did the rest. The tell tale sign of this issue is when you see an ! next to the song or movie or whatever you're trying to sync. So after I found the songs they synced over fine.

Now my real problem is my apps...I have about 10 apps that won't sync. I have the ! beside all ten of them. I assisted iTunes in finding the apps in MUSIC...iTUNES....MOBILE APPS. I thought everything would go smooth just like the music files. Unfortunately it didn't, and I can't figure out what the heck is wrong here.

I've read all over the net this is happening to others, although I couldn't find any threads of the issue on this site. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

I'm running the most recent version of iTunes....
    on ios 4.1 on a iP4

Suggestions?

Did this same thing happen to you? If so, how did you fix the problem??

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

If you know where the App ipa files are on your hard disk just navigate to them and double click on the ones that are "missing". That should prompt iTunes to reimport them and sort the problem out.
    Otherwise, just go into the iTunes store and re-download the troublesome apps. You wont get charged again if you have already purchased them.

3. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Yup finding the apps within the hard drive (pointing iTunes to the apps) worked like a charm.

I can't figure out or not though whether this was the wide spread problem happening to people after they jailbroke 4.1

I heard Engadget wrote up an article about something like this...not sure though.

4. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

One of my coworkers had this problem. All of her apps did this so I had to manually point every program to the IPA. It was a pain in the @$$.
    She was upgrading to 4.1 on Windows 7.

5. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

The problem must surely be with iTunes, rather than the 4.1 upgrade? Did you also upgrade, move, or otherwise change your desktop machine with iTunes installed?
    I have never heard of an IOS upgrade on the phone being able to make iTunes lose track of the files in its library... Could be wrong though.

6. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

When you locate all the IPA's on the hard drive, can't you just highlight them all and drag and drop them into the App space on iTunes. This, in theory, would save you from having to doubl-click on each individual ipa.