Some apps not updating?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Parise, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

Take Facebook for instance, it shows a brand new version in the App Store but when I download it gives me the iOS 6 version. Is this due to the GM being installed?

2. RJCP macrumors 6502

No, that's due to the App Store servers being completely overloaded at the moment. A few hours ago, updates were pushed to my iPhone without problem, now they're not.

We have to be patient. Their servers must be overloaded with developers pushing updates, people downloading updates, people installing and activating iOS 7... it's first day. It's to be expected.

3. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

I'm having a similar problem. The App Store it's showing "all your apps are up to date" when this isn't true. I just updated viber and facebook by going directly to the app in the App Store. Anyone with the same problem? Bug or server related?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

5. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Since the App Store keeled over earlier today, only to come back online about 90 minutes later, I've not had a single update come through on my phone.

Prior to that I'd had about 10-12 or so in the last 24 hours.

I've been having to install the updates via iTunes 11.1 and sync them over.

I have a 4S on iOS 7 GM with iTunes 11.1 for Windows. I'm not sure that matters though, as I'm guessing the issue is Apple server side.

6. PMR, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

Ok, so, definitely a server issue and not a bug or something that went wrong through my installation. Thanks

EDIT: all working now

7. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

First 3 updates in several hours just came through on my phone together.

Seemed to install OK. Perhaps things are easing a little?

Didn't want to have to manually update and sync through iTunes for any length of time as it's very dull & a step back to the old(er) days.