Some apps still stuck in zoom mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcador, Oct 22, 2015.

1. tcador macrumors regular

I've updated to 9.1 and wallet and other apple apps are working as expected now but i'm still seeing some apps stuck in zoom mode (it's like a slight zoom made, date/time, battery life and everything is slightly bigger but it's still usable) for apps like Words with Friends, MobilePASS and a handful of others.

I did restore from a 5s when upgrading to the 6s so maybe this has something to do with it? I was really hoping to avoid doing setup as new phone as I have to go thru some hoops with regards to getting MobilePASS registered with my company.

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

You sure it's not because those apps are not updated to the iPhone 6/S screen size?

3. tcador thread starter macrumors regular

No, I'm not sure. Seems like an awfully long time to not have support for iphone 6. I checked the app page but didn't see anything indicating it did or didn't and searched and couldn't fine anyone else with this same issue so seems like it may be something on my end.

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

It's not just you. I installed WWF and see the same issue - time/signal bar is double the size it should be. The app is not sized for the screen. The publisher needs to update it. It's nothing you're doing.

I have an iPhone 6S Plus

5. tcador thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for doing that! Finally put this to rest then, I guess just coincidence there are a few others with same problems.

6. sppunk macrumors member

Overcast is the worst with this. It's sometimes unusable so I stick with PocketCasts currently.

7. Allin44 macrumors 6502

Zero problems with Overcast.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Surprisingly there are still apps that haven't been updated, possibly even to iPhone 5 size, let alone iPhone 6/6+ sizes. I think Google Voice just got an update finally yesterday to get updated to iPhone 6/6+ sizes, and that's from a big company like Google that's putting out all kinds of apps and updates all the time.