some apps won't open! they close immediately

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by barebackbadger8, Jun 22, 2010.

1. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

yesterday i upgraded my iphone 3gs to iOS4, all was fine i thought until i wanted to watch the french get knocked out the world cup using the itv world cup 2010 app (england only?)
    i open the app, it then closes immediately! so i turn off phone, turned it back on then opened the app again, it attempts to open, then it closes after a couple of seconds
    so i delete the app from the iphone, and also my itunes library. then i re-downloaded it.
    synced my iphone and then checked the app again and it still WON'T open!
    so i tried my other apps and the only other one i can see that also closes upon opening is the BatteryDoctor Pro app which i paid for!

is anyone else having this problem?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Delete it from your phone, re "purchase" it from the store on the phone.

3. barebackbadger8 thread starter macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

i have done that with both apps (batterydoctor and itv world cup)

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I too have had the same problem with Apps that shut down immediately, for example the Telegraph App. I should imagine some Apps will have to be updated to run with iOS4 :(

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

That's the answer, IMO. Some apps will have to be updated to work with iOS4.

The folks who wrote the Runkeeper app sent an email to customers Sunday letting them know their app will close immediately on iOS4, and that they have already submitted an update to Apple.

Hopefully the two apps the OP is talking about have already submitted their updates!