Some Black Macbook Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BlackBook88, Jun 25, 2008.

1. BlackBook88 macrumors member

Hello,
    I recently got a black macbook and mighty mouse. This is my first mac and I love it. Its been the greatest computer i've ever had. I have been using this computer for browsing the web and listening to music. I currently have a nice set of speakers I have it hooked up to!

Now i have a few questions. How can I maximize my use on the macbook. What are some cool things that i'm am clueless i can do on it. What are the greatest features. Which widgets should I download?

Another thing. On the corner of my macbook. the corner to the left of the trackpad. on the left side there are two screws. If i push a little in between the screws it goes in a little and macs a little noise. Its not big deal at all i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed it and if it can be corrected by possibly tightening those screws up.

Well thanks!

2. Deej macrumors regular

Congratulations on your purchase :)

For making the maximum use of your machine, you could install apps such as Skype for free Internet voice/video calls, and Adium for instant messaging on MSN or AIM (iChat will do this also, but not MSN).

I've just checked my black Macbook and it can be pushed in the same place as you mention. However, when I push mine in (which I'm not sure I'm going to do very often! ;) ) my Mac doesn't make a noise. What kind of noise does yours make?

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The corner thing is normal. All MBs have that, don't worry- there's nothing wrong.

4. dtklamf macrumors regular

haha .no mine doesnt mac or make a noise but it moves ...

5. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

yeah i asked that question about the corner when i first got my macbook...completely normal.

Umm a "fun" app you could just mess around with is MacSaber which turns your macbook into a light saber. Also to check the health of your battery, you can download cocoBattery. If you step away from your 'book sometimes and don't want anyone to go on it when your away, you could download iAlertu which is a "car" alarm for ur macbook. It also can take a picture of who was there when the alarm is triggered. If you bought an Apple Remote seperately (i did) then all you have to do is press the "Menu" button to arm it or if you don't you can set a password to un-arm the system.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You can tighten those screws all you want but it's not going to do anything - they're for cosmetic reasons only.

7. M4CBOOK macrumors regular

M4CBOOK

All macbooks do that

8. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

Spend a little time AWAY from the computer everyday because nothing macs a sound:p

9. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Heh! I never noticed it until I read this thread. :p

The only thing underneath there is the battery, so no cause for concern, I guess.