Some BS and Some truth

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CZK, Jan 5, 2011.

1. CZK macrumors 6502a

-Source :
    http://ippphone.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/hello-world/

(found this into a response to a question on sherif_hashim's twitter and yes he dodged.)

I agree that there is some BS point in this text but there are some good points.

What you guys think.

2. maturola, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

LOL...I stop reading right there.

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no good point in there..just more Crying and complaints from someone who doesn't contribute to the community. I wouldn't even call it BS, BS usually got a point, this guy got none.

3. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats his thesis. Arguments come after the thesis.

Not defending his points, just saying that reading it all might be a good exercice.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

That is one hell of a rant for sure. Personally, if I was one of the hackers getting 12,000,000,000,000,000 posts on their Twitter page wondering where the new JB is, when is the unlock coming out, blah blah blah, I'd probably be a little pissed and quite apathetic. It's might be true that Apple is ramping up the cat and mouse game with the whole JB/unlock process so it may be just that. If new things are coming at them then obviously it'll take a little time to figure things out. Bottom line is that whenever they do have the unlock/JB, they'll release it then. Seems some are getting a little carried away with the waiting and need to vent I guess. Can't blame the hackers about not being 100% transparent about the progress. If I were them I'd probably want to focus on the task at hand and not responding to 10,000 daily posts on their Twitter page. If it comes, it'll come and the constant nagging/whining ain't gonna make it happen any sooner.

5. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fair opinion. I respect/agree with that.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No when the "thesis" got no ground or foundation. But anyways I did read the whole thing, no point in there but complains form someone who is not able to code anything and want to have all serve to him in a silver platter. I don't speak out of my a$$, the unlock already exits and the problem is on the packaging, I've seen it and tested it myself.

7. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

You tested the 02.10.04 unlock ??...

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. Pared macrumors 65816

If you have an exploit in their code, it makes sense to use it for the next device. To keep telling Apple how you are "getting in" doesn't make sense for ever single 0.1 release update.

It seems to me this current exploit is usable right now, but if it were to be utilized Apple would release a "security fix" and it would be "over" until a new exploit can be found.

You want to have an unlocked device then don't complain when Apple releases an update and makes it enticing. That's the entire point.

10. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

What ?

Yeah maybe.

11. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

12. Pared macrumors 65816

If I really have to explain that to you then forget I said anything.

13. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I disagree with his tone, but I've been getting the feeling that he's right about almost everything. I think that iOS is kicking their asses. I hope they prove me wrong, but about the time they get 4.2.1 untethered (if ever), 4.3 will be out. They're getting further and farther behind the curve.

14. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

Only good point i see in that is why they dont post a video or a s/s showing that it exists like they did with SHAtter and other things of their work ( this way all the people would stop spamming their blog and their twitter ). Thats would take max 10 minuts and will make a lot of people to leave them alone.

Instead of that, they feed the hype telling that they will give news on december 25th and then they go silent for 2 weeks giving absolutly no news.

Thats really weird.

Thats my opinion.

15. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

:D Exactly..

What steam me the most of this type of Thread and complaints is that they feel like Jailbreaking and Unlocking is a "right", it is something they are entitle to. this is community work, this is done out the spare time of a "few" and Whatever they put out there for us, we should be more than thankful, that is NOT their Job, or their responsibility to have the Phone UNlock in 2 weeks, or 2 hours after a release. They don't have to release updates after the release a first version, they don't HAVE offer support or answer question on Twitter or forums.

If this "person" go ahead and UNLOCK the baseband and then post something like this, i would say..Wow he is right, he did all that work by himself so he earned the right to bitch about those that didn't do SHI..... But just bitching for bitching is just a trashing the forums.

because that would never happen, the more info they show the more the people want, they already tried and it had been a disaster.

16. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Yeah it's getting harder, everyone knows that. They are basically teaching apple how to secure the device one step at a time. Never forget apple doesnt want you to be able to do this, this is their phone not yours. After seeing what lailoverflow just accomplished with the ps3/psp I still hold some hope. Not enough to buy a new iPhone 4 though.

17. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Videos don't really solve anything. A huge proportion of people will spend a great deal of time calling it a fake, and the rest of them will shut up for a day or two and then start with demands to release.... Hey they must just be sitting on it... It's finished... we've seen the video... and so it continues.

We all think we are being quite reasonable in our own way, but the truth is the majority of jailbreak users just dont understand any of the technicalities that need to be overcome to release a jb or unlock and therefore can never be truly satisfied or placated by news updates, videos, etc. There is no way for these guys to win until they make a release. Then they are heros for a few minutes until the next firmware release and they it's all "hey, where's the new jailbreak / unlock... it's taking far too long..."

Just my 2p.