Some Calendar Events no syncing from Outlook/Exchange

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Scott-n-Houston, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else seen this?
    Some of my work calendar events sync and others don't.
    It seems random.

2. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

It appears it's events in general. I'm rebooting etc. anyone else have issues with calendar events showing on the watch?

3. Bo31210 macrumors member

Have had no issues with my Exchange/Outlook accounts Seems to work well for me

4. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I just un-paired it and am pairing it back now.

5. Brammy macrumors 65816

I'm noticing this too. A few invites today haven't shown up in the watch.

6. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

I un-paired and re-paired and now it seems to be good. Each event shows and changes show quickly. I think that did it.

Stay tuned...

7. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

I think it's recurring appointments (that get changed) that are the problem. Can you test that?

8. gsmornot, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I had a 9:00 that was on my phone and desktop but just would not show on the watch. It moved to next week at the last minute and shows on my watch now. Never could with testing get it to fail again. I passed it off as random.

One other item though. I accepted a meeting on the watch. It sent the reply but never cleared the invite from the inbox. I did that once back at the desktop. Otherwise, all has been well.

Update: If the meeting was forwarded to me, it does not show on the watch.

9. bearda macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem. Trying the unpair/repair now. It's definitely not just recurring meetings, though. Most of the ones I've had issues with were one-time events.

10. Brammy macrumors 65816

What worked for me was setting the event to Private on the iPhone and setting it back to normal.

It seems the problem is with new events, that originate from other people. Two meeting invites I received yesterday didn't show up. But when I blocked some time on my calendar for a task, that synced immediately.

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Wonder why this worked...thanks for the tip. I went through my meetings that were forwarded to me, set them to private and back to normal and they showed on the watch. Interesting.

12. teastrong macrumors newbie

So my calendar events are syncing, but I'm not getting any notifications for my events. Calendar invites are coming through, but as email so I cannot respond from my watch. (Outlook/exchange) I've tried changing the settings from mirror my iPhone to custom and still nothing. Any thoughts?

13. Brammy macrumors 65816

It must be a bug. I think the Private setting forces a refresh the Watch picks up for some odd reason.

14. almonde macrumors regular

This fixed my missing exchange events as well. Has anyone passed this on to Apple via feedback or tech support?