some comments about new penryn mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJJONES, Mar 19, 2008.

1. DJJONES macrumors 6502

well i got my new macbook pro basemodel its great!!!!! the screen is awesom i havent seen any yellowing or anything.

the termperature seems fairly cool nothing that i can bitch about basically it feels like the temp of a normal laptop or computer.

how can i figure out what screen model do i have?

i do i uninstall programs?

how can i move all my address stuff and my contacts into my adress book from my iphone to the computer. is that possible or do i have to retype all that info?

i noticed when i load a cd the cd drive makes a noise like a chicken is that normal? i might take it to apple store and find out.

can i extend safari past my dock? or is this how it works for mac osx?

right now i must say mac osx is very simple and gets right down to just doing what u have to do it is really wicked.

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

1. system preferences>displays>color
    Then, if you're on the "Color LCD" profile, click "Open Profile."
    From there, click on box 13, and it'll be the last 4 digits of the "Model" field.

2. You can uninstall just by dragging the icon to the trash, or you can download AppDelete to clear it all up.

3. Have no idea. No iPhone here, sadly.

4. No chicken noises here. at least not what I, a native-mississippian, think of as a chicken.

5. You can extend it past the dock, but I don't think you can past the screen.

3. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

how do you extend past the doc so its covering the whole screen instead of it only extending only to the dock which how myne is currently?

i was only able to add 1 email account from gmail its not letting me add my other yahoo account or my other gmail account says something about pop server that i may have to pay for the fee. wth lol

i guess i will go to apple store this weekend find out about this noise cuz its a bit weird sounding never heard any cd drive ever make that kind of noise

MUTITOUCH IS COOL!!!!!
    i have an iphone but its really cool on the laptop

r u serious unintalling programs is as simple as draggin to the trash??? u gotta be kiddin

4. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Grab the bottom right corner of the window and pull it to where you want it to be.