Some contacts are gone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jcdumdumaya, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Jcdumdumaya macrumors regular

So I lost some of my contacts, I don't know if its connected to me resetting my network settings. I wanna know what caused the sudden disappearance of some of my contacs. I was able to get them back from icloud though and typing names of the lost contacts on messages which enabled me to save them from messages.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Check your Group settings in the Contacts app to see if all your groups are showing as visible.

3. Jcdumdumaya thread starter macrumors regular

Mine didn't have Group when I checked before and only some of the contacts are gone not all. All my contacts are back after icloud. I wanted to know what caused the disappearance of some of my contacts.

4. eyoungren, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Then possibly you are only using one group - iCloud.

Mine has a groups setting (see below) and pressing on it shows the groups of contacts. If one or more of those are not checked my contacts disappear.

Now if you have no groups and iCloud is the only group listed then this isn't the issue at all and I have no idea why your contacts disappeared.

2015-12-08 07.53.45.png

2015-12-08 07.53.50.png

5. Jcdumdumaya, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

Jcdumdumaya thread starter macrumors regular

I did sign out of my iCloud but I choose the keep on my phone and also my yahoo account.