Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

everett1911

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
You bet I picked it up, there was even its charger! The screen's backlight shimered but some very precise percussive maintenance made it stop doing that.

I have a feeling the hard disk's on its way out but otherwise everything else works. It doesn't have the PCMCIA adapter and both batteries are dead but hey, free vintage powerbook!

snZHJH.jpg

everett1911

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Haha yeah almost like clockwork, the HDD died.

No biggie, this thing takes 1.44mb floppies so I can get myself a system 7 floppy installation or something until I can get a scsi to sd adapter or something!

Evergreener1971

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
I know this thread is old but I have a screen and 160 MB Hdd. I would be willing to mail them to you at my own expense if you are interested. I can be reached at cpck4@live.com

Haha yeah almost like clockwork, the HDD died.

No biggie, this thing takes 1.44mb floppies so I can get myself a system 7 floppy installation or something until I can get a scsi to sd adapter or something!

Reactions: CooperBox

Evergreener1971

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
Really? Is there a catch?
No catch. I have a tremendous respect for all things old. I hate throwing things out. And I have hung on to this stuff for a few years wondering what to do with it. I was searching for information on the value if I sold it, and ran across your post. Problem solved. It could take a few days to get it in the mail, I'm ill, and I have to wait until I'm not having weird histamine reactions to everything but I get out every four to five days. Just pm me or send an address to the email I posted in my first reply, and I will send those to you shortly.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I know this thread is old but I have a screen and 160 MB Hdd. I would be willing to mail them to you at my own expense if you are interested. I can be reached at cpck4@live.com

Kudos to you! It's great to see vintage parts being donated. I've done the same myself on occasions and it's a great sense of satisfaction knowing that another vintage Mac still lives on and performs as designed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.