Some desperate assistance

Discussion in 'iMac' started by streetfoldsfive, Jan 1, 2013.

1. streetfoldsfive macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

So i bought the new imac 27inch with i7, 2gb graphics, 1tb fusion and have a concern. according to istats menu when i play mine craft the cpu proximity heat goes to 150ish and the fans stay at 1200 rpm. Is this bad? Also when i have smcfancontrol open it stays at 1200 rpm and always says 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Can some one ease a troubled mind? Sorry for the trouble guys!:(

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Download MenuMeters (Free) and compare the temps there, might see other results.

3. simsaladimbamba

4. streetfoldsfive thread starter macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

The temps are normal but is it normal for the fans to stay at 1200 rpm or below? and yes Fahrenheit scale thanks :)

5. simsaladimbamba

Yes. Read the guide I linked to to get a more thorough explanation about Macs and their heat management and acceptable temps and acceptable fan speeds.

6. streetfoldsfive thread starter macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

Thanks Very much! One question though is why on the status bar for smcfancontrol does it say 0 degrees Celsius all the time?

7. simsaladimbamba

It may be, that the version of SMCFanControl is not compatible with your 2012 Mac, but I do not really know. I let SMCFanControl only display the fan speed and let iStat Menus (MenuMeters is a free alternative) display the temperature.