Some Dumb questions about some video games

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Hugh, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Hugh, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

First all I do not have any the current gen consoles, except for a 3DS that is coming. So some of these questions real dumb.

New the current game console require a HD-TV? Can I play them on a composite CRT TV?

Are any of these new games coming out, allow co-op? I mean do they support that you are on a team and that team has mission or goal (other then to stay alive)?

I'm getting a 3DS what kind of SD cards should I buy for it, if I want to transfer the pictures to the computer.

hugh

EDIT Dumb question, does the 3DS play all DS games?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The 3DS plays all DS games.

And that's a very broad question too. Yes modern consoles can be plugged into a SDTV. Yes there are co-op games that run on them.
    If you can only use SD you might be best getting a Wii. Some PS3/Xbox games don't cater to lower resolutions so the text is just unreadable.

My fave co-op games-
    Wii- Smash Bros Brawl, Streets of Rage 2, Rayman, New Mario Wii
    PS3- Little Big Planet 1+2, Rayman, Dead Nation
    Xbox- Gears of War, Halo
    (there are more, thats just what I've played)

The 3DS comes with a 1gb card. I've got mine full of Virtual Console games and I still have loads of room left for photos. Don't use it as a camera, the quality is awful.

3. Hugh, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

I thought about the Wii, but I keep thinking moving a controller around might be too hard for me. I had to give up on Zelda:The Hour Glass because I as having a really hard time controlling link with the pen. I would just want to use the controllers because it would be so much easier.

As for the current gen game consoles I can't play, I don't have a HD TV. It's my understanding that some games for the two systems won't even play on a regular CRT. :(

So the 3DS camera is awful huh? Didn't they just do a update to it? I saw some of the photos a friend sent me I thought they looked neat. :eek:

Hugh

4. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Yeah... I bought a XBox 360 last year. Tried to play Fallout New Vegas and Mass Effect 2 on a CRT, I couldn't even read the text.

Far as 3D cameras go, it's extremely low res. If you compare the pictures to those from a dedicated 3D camera like a W3 or a Bloggie 3D, they're pretty bad.

5. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

I don't know if it's Smash Bros Brawl, but on Best Buy site is taking pre-orders for Smash Bro 3DS.

Hugh

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Brawl is out now for the Wii. They're working on new games in the series for both the 3DS and the successor to the Wii.

7. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Tell me that I don't have to have to use the damn stylus to move Link around, in OoT. Controlling Link with the stylus for Zelda: Hour Glass was a b###, and I finally gave up on it. I just wanted to just use the controller!!! :mad:

As for Smash Bro, as like as I get to kick Pikachu ass then it's a good game. I used to work for Babbages ECT. back with Pokemon just hit, and everyone wanted a Pikachu. After hearing it almost every day at work, I've just wanted to kill it! :D LOL

Oh and you can still play Link. :)

Hugh

8. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Zelda: Four Swords for the DS (25th Anniversary Edition)

I need some help. How do I kill the ice creature when it is down to 4 buds. I'm thinking that I need to hit it with the color it is showing, however it changes the
    opposite color of the Link I pick. It doesn't stay that color long enough for me to hit it, it changes as quickly as I do. :confused:

Is this a bug for a 1 player? I thought if I throw that color link it would hit it, no dice. I just figure this out. Anyone willing to help out this very frustrated gamer? :eek:

This game we going great until I hit this wall. :(

Hugh

9. Hugh, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Just posting a review of Williams Pinball Collection for the 3DS.

The 3D is hardly noticed, unless you turn the 3DS off center from your viewing. Then you have a blurry visual. I wasn't expecting any special, it's pinball, what can you add to it to make it 3D.

The Manual says 3 tables have free play, but in actually it's only 2. The other tables can be played, but need credits (You get 15 credits to start out) or you buy free play (You buy the free play with the credits you won. :( ) Getting the credits are easy. You either win them in the pinball table, or though MATCH. You stop the MATCH, so it's really easy to get MATCH credits (at least it is for me it is.).

Hugh

EDIT: The two tables that have free play are Fun House and Pinbot. Both are great tables, but I like Black Night, and Taxi.