Some Early Problems with the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikeeee, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Mikeeee macrumors 6502

Mikeeee

Mine are battery related. The Usage and Standby info is working when I start using the fully charged phone in the morning but later in the day that info is no longer available and I only see a dash.

I know if I were to put it back in the charger and not fully charge the phone, that info wouldn't be available, but I am not doing that. Any ideas or suggestions? Also my battery performance is not good at all.

2. Malcolm24 macrumors newbie

My home screen froze and the swipe up to open gesture wouldn't work. A couple hours freeze and then would work again. I couldn't do anything with it when it froze, answer phone calls, text, email, etc. , nothing cause I couldn't swipe to open. It absolutely sucked, but went to Apple Store for the past two days and then gave me a replacement phone and now good to go...

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

OP: What you are describing with the battery usage is a OS bug. It has affected users (on and off) for a few different OS releases. Report the bug to Apple.

4. Ashton Cofer macrumors member

I'm not quite sure about you only seeing a dash for the battery usage. Maybe it is caused by you fully powering off your phone during the day?

I have, however, also experienced bad battery life on the X, especially when streaming video (youtube). The back of my phone right under the camera always gets super hot and the battery drains quickly. This phenomenon doesn't happen all the time for me but it seems to happen most of the time. Has this happened to anyone else?

5. MrAperture macrumors member

MrAperture

There's people on this forum saying that the Youtube app is a battery hog right now. I've uninstalled my Youtube app for now until Google fixes it.

6. Mikeeee, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Mikeeee thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikeeee

Do you have to uninstall it? Wouldn't just using it minimally do the trick?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    Thank. I'm using 11.2 beta right now. I wonder if it's an issue with this beta and not 11.1.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    Now that you mention it I did fully power off the phone. I think you just solved that problem. Thanks. :)