Some feedback please? Pretty please?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by davidjearly, Feb 7, 2008.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Hey,

I'm in the middle of redesigning my personal photography site.

I've posted two mockups of my front page that I would really like to get some feedback on, particularly the header and navigation bar.

If you can't be bothered going into detail, a simple I like it will do, although do please explain what you don't like.

Thanks,
    David

Attached Files:

2. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

Looks nice - clear crisp layout with good navigation.

I'd suggest putting the DJE Photography in the gray bar, and maybe having a smaller black box (if any) around it, so that it'll still show grey around it.

Does that make sense?

3. davidjearly thread starter macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try what you have suggested.

Any others?

4. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

I 2nd the suggestion.

Separates the company from the links.

5. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

I like the neat and crisp presentation.

I hate nitpicking, so please forgive me. I would think that the Gallery and Download section would be on the left instead of Biography and Blog.

To me, since I naturally read left to right, it seems you are placing more emphasis on who you are and what you have to say, than your Gallery (work) and things you have to download.

If this is a blog, then forgive me, the layout makes sense. If this is a portal to your work, then I think the navigation layout is backwards.

Just my $.02

edit: I say naturally read left to right meaning I only know languages that are read left to right.

6. davidjearly thread starter macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Thanks!

You make a very good point. I guess I only designed it that way based on what my brain sees on a lot of the websites I visit.

However, when you think about it, you are 100% correct. I will definitely incorporate this change into my next update.

Thanks for the insightful feedback.

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I like the first one best. Having the gray bit over the company name unites the two sides very effectively. In the second image, the three elements aren't nearly as united.

8. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

Why the reflection on your photo? I think it takes away from your presentation. Let your photo speak for themselves, plus reflections are soo, 2007 :)