some first thoughts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chimpboy74, Nov 12, 2007.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I am not a mobile phone expert but I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the iphone:

I Love it

Setting up was easy through itunes. Email worked straight off, connected to my wifi with no problems. I am not sorry i upgraded to get this phone.

however here are a few things that do irritate me.

-no mms
    -no video
    -battery life (might just be because I am constantly surfing web on it with bluetooth on or watching videos) time will tell when I settle into normal use
    -bluetooth wont connect to my carkit (might be because my car kit displays contacts list - is this file transfer - might just be me!!!)
    -Ringtones - I dont like any that are on it and cant figure out how to get more from itunes (I only want my phone to ring Idont want it to play tunes)
    -Camera wont zoom (nit picking I know)

Overall though Ihighly recommend this phone. i certainly dont regret it. The problems above i am pretty certain can be fixed with software updates so fingers crossed

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

For battery life try turning off WiFi when you don't need it, and also turning the screen brightness way down.

You'd be surprised how much the battery life increases by having the screen at about 1/4 brightness.

3. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

hmmmm
    thanks
    I will give that a try

I have had to charge every day since sat morning. Like said though I am hammering all the features so its maybe not surprising.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Probably because you're using it so much because you just got it :)

But yeah, it really helps. I usually leave it on 100% brightness, but if i see the battery half way charged and it's only like 10 in the morning, i turn it down.

Same thing every day..