Some funky issues with my i7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stevolution, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Stevolution macrumors newbie

So I don't know if this is just my computer or a normal thing but there are some weird things that happen with my i7. Example one, when im clicking certain buttons, (like clicking the X close button on the top left of the window or clicking a bookmark) it sometimes doesn't work for 5-6 clicks before I am able to click it. It's sort of hard to explain but every other time, when i try to close a window, it doesn't work until i wait a little.

Also when I fullscreen anything, the screen turns white for maybe a second and a half before it goes to the video. Any ideas?

2. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Sounds like there's a pause from your action, to the instruction being processed.

Are you using any peripherals?

Has it been like this since you bought it, or is it more recent and if so did it start after installing something?

First of I'd check the hardware side by running the Apple Hardware Test, should check your logic board, CPU etc. Hold D down after a restart and you'll boot into it. Run the extended test and if there are any issues you'll get an error code.

If no errors, and the answer to the above 2 questions are no, I'd consider a PRAM reset, failing that boot off the install disk and run disk utility to scan for problems, and if the problem still persists back up data and reinstall.

If you have to resort to the last drastic action, test it for a day or so without installing anything or putting any data back on, if it occurs again in that state and AHT came back clean, the it's missed something and there's a hardware problem.

3. Stevolution thread starter macrumors newbie

It's been like like this since the day I bought it. I'll try the things you've told me to do and if it still doesn't work, I'll make an appointment with an apple genius. The only peripherals i'm using is a logitech MX518 mouse.

4. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Seriously doubt the mouse would cause that, worth trying it without though.

Definitely run the AHT as it's been like that on day one, have never had that issue on my i7.