Some G5 Questions

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by WalnutSpice, Feb 6, 2017.

1. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

Been using my G5 more recently and had a few questions.
    I notice uTorrent doesn't work anymore. It can't download anything at all. Anyone know any alternatives or maybe an altered version that works? Also, I have my dual 1.8Ghz pretty much maxed out. My RAM could go from 3GB to 4GB, but that's not really important. But I've been thinking of throwing an SSD into it. Any SSD recommendations for a PowerMac G5?

2. tdbmoss macrumors regular

tdbmoss

SSD needs to be an older SATA II one in order to be recognised, SATA III ones don't always (ever?) work - a 160 GB Intel 320 works perfectly for me.

3. pochopsp macrumors 6502

pochopsp

I use Bittorent, which is more or less the same of uTorrent, and until a few time ago I was using the latter one. They (Bittorrent and uTorrent) have some bugs, but they still work for me. It would be much appreciated if someone could suggest us better alternatives.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

^ ^ ^ See post number 3, right above yours. :D
    | | |

| | |

5. pochopsp macrumors 6502

pochopsp

lol @eyoungren I did see your post. But after trying the official old transmission app, and the unofficial newer one, I realised that Bittorrent/uTorrent works better. And it is not so good as it has some bugs and it's not updated since 2012... Thank you anyway for your kind and funny suggestion :D

6. topbanana_ macrumors member

I have an OCZ Agility III 240Gb in mine as boot drive and all good but is only recognised in the lower drive bay (whether the top bay is occupied or not) - not sure if this is common.

7. dustinschings macrumors 6502

dustinschings

Seconded. Love transmission. Very lightweight.