Some general Jailbreak Q's

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Gahau, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Gahau macrumors regular

Hey guys i am not unfamiliar with JB...
    I have dont it waaaaaay back for the original iphone
    I am sure that by not JB has evolve and made very very easy
    I have read up on cydia and how to do it but I couldn't find any thread on the cons of JBing, can I still safely plug my ipad to itune after JB? What about apps updates how does that work?
    Any major con that I am missing?
    I know some ppl are saying that it drains there batt... How is that even possible lol? I can understand that ur bat will go faster if you run lots of apps in the background... but that inevitable, you are just using you ipad "more"

So what am I missing guys? What are the cons?

Thanks!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Spirit jailbreak really is the easiest, just make sure you have prior version of iTunes (not 9.2). If you do download an older 9.1 version from the net (google).

After JBing yes you can sync to your computer no problem.

App updates assuming you are running legit purchased apps from the iTunes store work perfectly without problems.

Non legit apps and their procurement is not to be discussed here so do not ask.

No major cons. Just ask what do you want to jailbreak for? A lot of us here simply do so to run backgrounder, winter board etc. Personally all I'm using mine for is 3G unrestrictor.

Background drainage is subjective and depends on what apps you download from Cydia. If you run backgrounder with circuitous or proswitch you can expect maybe a 10% increase in battery usage. Can you bare to lose an hour of battery life?

3. Gahau thread starter macrumors regular

Oppps thanks for the heads ups for illegal soft... I am not trying to find out how to get them... I was trying to find out what would happen when you plug an iPad to iTunes with non legit apps...
    The major cons for me is I have to play cat and mouse... I have to watch out to use the right vers of iTunes... I have to make sure I am dl the right apps making sure I don't get a bad one... Etc
    The reason I wanted to JB the iPad is multitasking and I also saw that sweet app (forgot name....) that let you custom the lock screen, plenty of cool apps outhere

I will also check out the apps you pointed out

Thanks a bunch

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

5. mixvio macrumors 6502

Non-legit apps as in legitimate applications available on Cydia? Those are "legit," they're just not available on the App Store. Nothing happens to your computer or device when you sync.

If you mean non-legit as in pirated games and stuff that are otherwise available for purchase on the App Store, I imagine probably nothing happens, but I don't know for sure since I've never pirated anything on the App Store and I consider such activity to be extreme twattishness.

6. Gahau thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys for the input
    Yeah I can definitely see that who the heck pirate apps anyway?
    nononono
    I was just curious =)