Some Gmail emails not coming through in Mail.app, but will do on iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 156457, Feb 9, 2008.

1. 156457 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Recently I noticed that some of email from my POP3 gmail account was not arriving in mail, but was doing so in the iPod Touch's mail application. Some mail does come through, but others don't.

It's particularly annoying because recently my brother sent me some pictures of his new born baby, Mia, and they didn't arrive in Mail.app, but did on the iPod Touch, however I find the mail app on the iPod Touch to be buggy because when I went to the view the images and begun downloading them, mail deleted the file and the app closed.

Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thanks.

2. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

Might want to check you junk folder.
    Same thing was happening to me for a while. Some emails Mail.app thought were junk.

3. 156457 thread starter macrumors 6502

Where is the junk folder in Mail.app? Might sound stupid but I only have Inbox, Sent & Trash and it's not in any of them.

4. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

I don't have a touch but I do have a problem with receiving some emails. For example if I use my sky email and test some stationary to my gmail account, they never come through. None of the stationary ever does. I have to use webmail to get it.

5. 156457 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Somewhere in Mail's preferences you can select an option for junkmail that puts a folder of it on the sidebar. Not sure where. I remember having this problem when I first upgraded to Leopard.

7. Eldentistfuturo macrumors regular

Use the imap settings for gmail on your ipod touch and mail.app.
    POP3 is like the mailbox in front of your home. If someone takes the mail out of it (i.e. mail.app), it will not be aviable for anyone else (i.e. iptouch). IMAP on the other hand, can sync between all your devices.