some help for a portable system for a musician and a designer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rahuldas, Jun 28, 2011.

1. rahuldas macrumors newbie

Hi i am a musician as well as a product designer. I dabble in both professionally so i need a serious machine. Portability IS a factor. I have singled out the 17 inch mac book pro (unfortunatly because i live in india the machine cannot be spec'd from the apple site and only base 2.2 ghz one is available here). Anyhow so basically i need input on pros and cons for the machine specifically for music making as well as product design (as well as graphic design).

any help and inputs would be extremely helpful.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

One issue for musicians is the lack of separate audio input and output jacks on the 13 in MBP. Since you are looking at the 17 in MBP, there is no such issue. If you are thinking about portability, why not go for the 15 in MBP with the screen resolution upgrade (assuming you can somehow order it).

3. sine-nomine macrumors regular

It's things like this that make me love my late '08 aluminum MacBook even more - it had separate audio input and output jacks.
    But anyway, more on-topic, I would also recommend the 15" MBP. It should be capable of doing anything you're thinking of throwing at it, and will be easier to carry with you than the 17".

4. rahuldas thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replys guys but the thing is the the 15 incher doesnt seem to have an express card slot. I dunno the slot comes handy when connecting other peripheral devices in this case external sound cards and all. Hmmmmmm