Some help on my broken MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nipz, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Hi Guys,

My second (first one was replaced because of crap batteries) Unibody MPB has had a flickering screen for the last couple of months now and its driving me crazy.

I spoke to Apple and they said to bring it in for repairs, which is fine, but the nearest store is about an hour away. They said it would take about 5-14 days to repaired and then i could go back up and get it.

The only problem i have is that i run a couple of small businesses that i use my MPB to run (graphic design work etc) and im just starting my second year exams at uni and havent finished all my course work yet so having my laptop away from me for 5-14 days would be devastating to my work and businesses.

I just need some help on getting around this repairs and just to get given a replacement laptop. I know this probably sounds a little rash but i dont see why they wont do it.

Every laptop ive brought from Apple - Black MacBook, Uni 13 MBP for GF and now the 2 MBPs ive had have all broken and had to be repaired or replaced. Doesnt fill me with confidence really.

Any help on what i can say to try and make them replace the laptop instead of having to wait 5-14 days to get it repaired? and from what ive read it doesnt normally fix the problem anyway!

Sorry if i sound like a complainer but dont see why a £2000 laptop should break when a crappy £300 dell laptop doesnt!

2. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Just a little bump as i would like to sort this out before it dies :(

No one?