Some help please!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 64x7gy!!!, Jan 20, 2011.

1. 64x7gy!!! macrumors newbie

RIGHT FIRST OFF MAY I JUST STATE THAT I HAVE NOT STOLEN THIS BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I REFUSE TO HAND IT IN AS I AM A TAXI DRIVER AND THE BA5T4RDS WHO OWN THIS PHONE DECIDED NOT TO PAY THE BILL AND RUN BUT UNFORTUNATELY RAN OFF LEAVING A SPANGERLY NEW IPHONE 4 ON MY REAR SEAT I GET THE MONEY THEY GET THE PHONE??
    (on the funny side hahaha karma or what??) anyway......
    ok i am new to all this and have looked at the basics, this is an iphone 4 (uk) and has a passcode protect on it as i cant get into it, I have tried the ios4.1 passcode trick on the emergency calls thing but it doesnt work so am guessing its 4.2 or higher can someone PLEASE help me with the de-passwording and unlocking of this or at least translate all the jargon as im a newcomer i know theres a program called redsn0w.6 something whichs jailbreaks it but how do i get passed the password?? if its jailbreaked does that mean i can use any network?? cant i just plug it in to my itunes and restore or will that not work truthfully whats the best thing to do (or is it best to just hand it to the police and state the problem) any help is appreciated but again i dont need useless name calling threads as i am only trying to make a living at the end of the day and feel that majority of peeps would look into this having being treated the way i did!! THANK YOU :D

2. wpotere Guest

I doubt you will still get help here. Two wrongs don't make a right..... You should turn it in and then report the fair theft to the authorities.

Lastly, the question you asked has been discussed hundreds of times. Search is your friend if you plan on stealing the phone.

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I understand where you're coming from but best would be to just hand it to the police and state the problem

4. Harpoon Spoon macrumors regular

I've been faced with situations like this in my life and I've always done the right thing.

Turn the phone into the authorities and file a police report. If this phone belongs to the theif, as you claim, all of their contact information is on the device.

Who knows, the police might let you keep it. If they do, you're not faced with all of these moral issues.

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Hand in the phone to the police
    Make a police report about the stiffed fare.
    Perhaps, if you are lucky, the "BA5T4RDS" will claim the phone and you might get reimbursed.

Be better than the "BA5T4RDS"