Some help with Macbook RAM

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spongey817, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Spongey817 macrumors regular

Just got a Macbook and was looking to upgrade the RAM.

The Macbook is a Late 2007 SR 2.2 Macbook with currently 1 GB of RAM.

I'm looking to purchase the RAM at the link below...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-Single-Stic...yZ152542QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Could someone let me know if it will be compatible with my mac? The listing doesn't indicate that it is, but I've been told it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

A 667 MHz DDR2 SODIMM should be compatible, but seriously, why take a risk on an eBay seller when there are reliable Mac-oriented dealers like (in the USA) OWC and Data Memory Systems who sell for comparable prices, and you don't have to wonder who cmd_keen189 really is?

Welcome to MR, you willl find answers to many commonly asked questions under the Guide tab near the top of this window

MR Guide to Buying RAM

3. TheStu macrumors 65816

I would recommend getting it from a more trusted source. I personally am quite hesitant getting computer hardware from ebay. Trust me, you might have to spend a little more money, but the added peace of mind is worth it.

Check out Newegg or OWC.

4. Spongey817 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, I appreciate the fast replies.

I've taken the fact that "it is ebay" into consideration. Being a long time eBay user with both sales and purchases, I felt that it could be my number one option.

Keeping that in mind, I had checked on other sites such as NewEgg which offer similar RAM. I've been keeping up with MacRumors for about two months now, and most of my applications, accessories, and decisions made regarding my Macbook have come from the helpful advice of users.

So, I just wanted to thank all you guys for the help overall in addition to the help on this specific topic.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

DMS (see CanadaRAM's link) has a 2GB stick for $46 with a 1yr warranty. I've dealt with them personally - they're only about 15 minutes from here - and they're good people. The link to eBay says the lifetime warranty is only for the original owner, which I'm unsure is the seller.

But I'd spend a few dollars more and get something with a genuine lifetime warranty.

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Why pay $50+ on eBay for 2gb when you can have the same for <$40 @ Newegg?

7. Spongey817 thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update

I went ahead and took the advice of some users here on the forum and went for the maxed out 4 GB of RAM to be purchased at NewEgg

Thanks guys!

8. americasgate macrumors newbie

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Nice job resurrecting a 10 month old thread and providing absolutely nothing of value.