I feel I am one of many that is torn now between an iBook and a PowerBook. All summer long I was waiting for the ibook updates in hope of a widescreen model to be released or at least one with better resolution, as a current G3 700mhz iBook owner my ownly real gripe has been the screen size, I just wish I could see more at a time. Performance wise I can't really be too picky though, the most intensive programs I run are MatLab and Mathematica, other than that I'd love the better video card on the powerbook for gaming. I'm torn now. For $1,500 I can get the 14" iBook that will meet all my needs, while not being as much fun, with 1.5 GB RAM (upgrading through Crucial), or I'm looking at the 15" 1.67 Ghz PB with the 128mb VRAM and probably the standard 512 RAM and hold off on upgrading that to see if its necessary or not which would run me about $2100 or so working with the student discounts. So I was wondering what you all thought. My other major concern now is that I've waited so long that it seems the PowerBooks are due to be updated soon which I am tempted to wait for. Do you think the PowerBooks will be updated by September 24th? And, more importantly, if they are do you think they'll be accompanied with a price drop too like the iBooks? I'm not gun ho about getting the free iPod as I own one already but that's about my time frame for getting a new comp, would like it for the beginning of next semester.