Some icons won't theme?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Jan 21, 2012.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Ok so i just JB my 4s and I am using the Black UPS Darkness Theme....Some of the icons aren't themed from the cydia package but there are tons of icons online. I do everything step by step by getting the bundle identifier and then the name of the .png and sometimes it works great. But there are a few icons that just will not change. I have tried all different names for the png file that show up in the info.plist but I just can't get it. (twitter, Shoutcast just to name 2) Is there any trick to this? For some reason I remember with my iPhone 4 there was a trick to get some to work. I have rebooted and resprung 100 times. Thanks

This is what i am using for Twitter: com.atebits.Tweetie2 and the png file is Icon-production@2x.png

Shoutcast: com.aol.shoutcast.mobile and the png file is Shoutcast_57.png

But these refuse to work

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you know the i I is case sensitive?

just goto app folders in sbsettings/more and you can ssh to the folder and rename yourself.

3. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know its case sensitive, and i do all that with sbsetting. I go to the app folder and get the bundle identifier and the .png file name but when i go create that in my theme folder it only changes the icon 75% of the time. There are a few that just will not change. And I have researched tons online and I seem to be doing everything correct. Thanks for the response though. I feel like there is some trick I'm forgetting about, hopefully someone knows