Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jong875

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
For some reason some of my emails are not coming through to my mail app, but when I sign into outlook on my computer I will see these emails. It maybe one or two a week, but they always happen to be the ones that really matter. Any solution to this because I usually only use my phone to check my emails.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
For some reason some of my emails are not coming through to my mail app, but when I sign into outlook on my computer I will see these emails. It maybe one or two a week, but they always happen to be the ones that really matter. Any solution to this because I usually only use my phone to check my emails.

Have you tried deleting and re-adding that account to see if that makes a difference?

richard6r

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013
I would not recommend you delete/re-add the account if it is configured to be a POP. That will deleted whatever messages on the device permanently that aren't stored on the server. Typically this isn't the case for outlook but it's an advisable thing to look out for incase.

ScottButler

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
Sunderland, UK
I'm getting the same issue with my Outlook account.

However the slight difference is, that these missing emails will always come through to at least one device e.g iPhone. But not my iPad or visa versa.

This has only started since the update to iOS 10 and it happens maybe twice a week, hopefully it will be fixed soon

Jong875

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
its a Hotmail account. Tried both exchange and outlook they show up if I use my laptop but some are missing in the ios app.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
its a Hotmail account. Tried both exchange and outlook they show up if I use my laptop but some are missing in the ios app.

You don't have any subfolders in your Inbox, do you? I'm asking because I've seen issues off and on through the years when there are subfolders in any of what could be called the main folders in an email account: Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Trash and Junk/Spam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.