Some important Emails not showing up in mail app

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Jong875, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Jong875 macrumors newbie

For some reason some of my emails are not coming through to my mail app, but when I sign into outlook on my computer I will see these emails. It maybe one or two a week, but they always happen to be the ones that really matter. Any solution to this because I usually only use my phone to check my emails.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Have you tried deleting and re-adding that account to see if that makes a difference?

3. richard6r macrumors regular

I would not recommend you delete/re-add the account if it is configured to be a POP. That will deleted whatever messages on the device permanently that aren't stored on the server. Typically this isn't the case for outlook but it's an advisable thing to look out for incase.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Specifically...this is an Outlook.com email address? The missing emails are in the Inbox at Outlook.com webmail but not coming in on the iOS Mail app?

5. ScottButler macrumors member

ScottButler

I'm getting the same issue with my Outlook account.

However the slight difference is, that these missing emails will always come through to at least one device e.g iPhone. But not my iPad or visa versa.

This has only started since the update to iOS 10 and it happens maybe twice a week, hopefully it will be fixed soon

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Is the account set up in Mail, Contacts, Calendars as "Outlook.com" or "Exchange"?

Try the alternate method available to see if the issue will disappear.

7. Jong875 thread starter macrumors newbie

its a Hotmail account. Tried both exchange and outlook they show up if I use my laptop but some are missing in the ios app.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You don't have any subfolders in your Inbox, do you? I'm asking because I've seen issues off and on through the years when there are subfolders in any of what could be called the main folders in an email account: Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Trash and Junk/Spam.