Some initial bugs on first day

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chrismac2, Apr 25, 2015.

1. chrismac2 macrumors regular

chrismac2

I had hit the lower button to open my favorite contacts. Had selected a person to message, selected their phone number, and dictated a message and selected sent text.

The message went to the wrong recipient and phone number. Now I know it wasn't user error, as I had just tapped on the person's phone number and it is nothing like the phone number of the person who received the iMessage.

That didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy, having to worry if my messages end up going to the wrong recipient. Though it happened only that one time, and not subsequently.

The other bug I noticed is sometimes an app simply won't open, the opening app animation just goes on and on forever. Not sure if this is a problem with the developer of the app, or the Watch os.

But this is only Watch OS 1.0. I'm sure we'll be getting updates soon that make the watches work even better.

I have to say, overall, I think this thing is pretty amazing. VERY happy with my purchase.

2. watching1 macrumors newbie

I have two bugs...

The sunrise / sunset times won't display on any of the watch faces.

I also mostly was unable to receive calls, and when I could they wouldn't connect on the Watch. And when they did they dropped right away.

I have Panasonic wireless desk phones in my home. They would also ring, and apparently were competing with the Watch's Bluetooth connection.

I cancelled the Panasonic's Bluetooth connection and now the Watch responds properly.

3. Juandagis macrumors regular

Pictures

The pics of my favorites do not come out on the call wheel on my watch. They did on initial startup, but hey have since disappeared.

4. Mufaddal macrumors member

I'm having the same issue as well. Have double checked all the settings in world clock and weather, and restarted watch without luck.

5. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Sometimes recipients don't get my text messages from the phone for hours and sometimes I dont get notifications immediately on the watch. Most annoying and self-defeating if I can't rely on it.

Once yesterday the watch and phone were no longer "connected" I had to restart the phone... Is there a better way to establish the connection between the two?

6. Fabienne, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Bugz Bugz Bugz

First, I want to say that I am thrilled with my 38mm Sports Apple Watch. It is a dream come true, and has become indispensable already (within 24 hrs).

There are a few flies in the ointment at this early stage:
    • The phone shows 1% of my playlist synced when it is entirely synced
    • The weather shows yesterday's weather when I swipe down from the main page, it did update but then showed the weather in Dayton OH (I am in Cincinnati) but it did right itself eventually
    • I got rid of Whole Foods' stock on my follow list on my iPhone, but it is the first stock which shows up on the Watch when I swipe down from my main window.
    • Now it is showing the weather in Dayton in the middle of the first screen

7. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

The weather app is so slow to update its useless.

8. Got the Shakes macrumors newbie

Mine was working fine for the first two days, but now the sunrise/sunset just shows dashes.

9. watching1 macrumors newbie

Curiouser and Curiouser

Well, my watch is now displaying sunrise and sunset times, after two days of not doing so. I did nothing to change any settings.

10. watching1 macrumors newbie

Update - Known Issue

Well, 15 minutes later sunrise/sunset isn't working again.

I have had an open case with Apple support on this (first rate service by the way), and they just told me that this is now a known bug, and will be addressed in a firmware update... timing of this unknown.

But, it's a minor issue, so not too concerning.

11. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors regular

• Deleted appointment on Google calendar took a day to delete on watch
    • App layout corrupted on iPhone app - could not change layout - just had spinning wheel of death. Removed a few apps from Watch and fixed itself.
    • Rebooting Watch does not always connect back to phone automatically
    • Raise to wrist works 95% of the time when sleeveless and upright. A joy. Lying in bed or wearing sleeves that brush the edge of the screen is a PITA.

12. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

1. Lost GPS directions with phone in pocket driving in the car. Don't know if this is unusual, I usually have my phone laying on the seat.
    2. Messages seem to get stuck sending, but checking on phone, they've sent.
    3. Maps is very slow sometimes to load.
    4. Sometimes when I touch an app or press down on the watch face, it doesn't register it.
    5. My haptic feedback stopped working on day 2. Turned watch off and on and has since been working.

I think there are a few bugs out there and hope to see an update soon.

Over all LOVE the watch though. Just giving my 2 cents. LOL

13. jm5309 macrumors regular

I think the watch is great and have enjoyed using it so far, but it does have a few bugs. I've used it Friday and Saturday on the treadmill, and starting an indoor walk wasn't a problem in the workout app. Today, however, I went for an outdoor walk. When I pressed start, nothing happened. The start button jumped every time I pressed it, but it didn't start. I didn't want to waste anymore time fooling with it, so I gave up and tried again about half a mile later. Suddenly it worked.

I also have the sunrise/sunset issue.

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

That's not a bug. Initially it syncs your favorites. Moving forward you have to add them yourself from the watch app.

15. Diablo25 macrumors newbie

I keep getting double Calendar alerts for every event in my Calendar. The initial alert occurs and then a second or two later I get another. Anyone else?

16. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Intermittent low battery sign when the battery is just fine.

17. Apples n' Stone macrumors 65816

Apples n' Stone

Cannot check for a software update here, claims I am not connected to the internet. This is false, and I do not appreciate being lied to when it is already giving me sass about sitting down too long.

Attached Files:

18. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I've had this happen a couple of times today, but I don't remember it happening yesterday. Hrmm.