Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EriCKY

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
UPS guy just got here with a couple of packages to my office.

He dropped all of them off as usual, I signed for one... and then he told me that one package needs very special care.

For the Apple Watch I needed to sign my name, print my name, and he verified my ID as well. He said that there was a security guard waiting for him in the lobby of my building in case something goes wrong. I work in a building on Madison Avenue in Manhattan just to give you some scope of my location.

Pretty crazy, I wonder if this type of care is standard?

Here's a picture of my newest baby. I have a wide collection of Swiss watches that will be getting some rest for a while now.
Orj7cX9.jpg

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy

He dropped all of them off as usual, I signed for one... and then he told me that one package needs very special care.

For the Apple Watch I needed to sign my name, print my name, and he verified my ID as well. He said that there was a security guard waiting for him in the lobby of my building in case something goes wrong. I work in a building on Madison Avenue in Manhattan just to give you some scope of my location.

Here's a picture of my newest baby. I have a wide collection of Swiss watches that will be getting some rest for a while now.

The only thing I can think of is since it was delivered to an office, the instructions might be to verify the ID to make sure the person signing is the recipient.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Some insight onto today's delivery (just got my Watch)

It looks GIANT on your wrist buddy, maybe it's the lighting giving that illusion.

EriCKY

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
The only thing I can think of is since it was delivered to an office, the instructions might be to verify the ID to make sure the person signing is the recipient.

i dunno, we get packages here all the time and i sign for other people very often.

----------

It looks GIANT on your wrist buddy, maybe it's the lighting giving that illusion.

its both the lighting plus my wrist actually being really small.

i am used to wearing large watches though :)

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
i dunno, we get packages here all the time and i sign for other people very often.

----------

its both the lighting plus my wrist actually being really small.

i am used to wearing large watches though :)

You must show us the edition packaging :)

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
sorry, standard Apple Watch here haha

would never spend 10 grand on something that will probably "need" to be replaced in 2 years

Oh my bad I misread your previous post when you was taking about security.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy

I know it's not the norm, but Apple may have had special instructions. Just a theory. It might even be the drivers prerogative if they so chose- cya sort of thing.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
sorry, standard Apple Watch here haha

would never spend 10 grand on something that will probably "need" to be replaced in 2 years

There are plenty of people who spend around $10k on first class airfare. Several times in less than a year. Edition Watch is a no-brainer for them.

EriCKY

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
There are plenty of people who spend around $10k on first class airfare. Several times in less than a year. Edition Watch is a no-brainer for them.

for sure. not judging other people's decisions here, i'm just not apple's demographic with the Edition.

it will be huge in asia 100%

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Congrats, it looks great on you!

Mine is on a truck and the rest of the family has theirs stuck in processing. I have to go pick up kid from school about when the UPS driver is due here so I may not see mine today. I wish it could have been delivered to hubby's office but he said no way, it's unprofessional for him to receive personal packages there. It depends on the office I guess.

It's fun to see your watch though. Thanks for sharing the photo. Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.