some IOS 5 Beta 5 changes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alectheking, Aug 10, 2011.

1. alectheking macrumors 6502a

I've been using IOS 5 since beta 1, and since using IOS 5 have noticed so small UI behavior changes that should alleviate some issues.

- On both the iPad and iPhone, as of beta 5 when you are playing a "game" app, now to swipe the notification bar down it is basically a 2 step process. You slide down, only the little "tab" appears. You then grab the "tab" and slide that down to drop down the notification slide. I confirmed this is only enabled in game apps on both devices and is definitely needed as before constantly pulling down the notification bar was definitely an issue on some games. I've had no problems since upgrading. Small but crucial detail.

- Also, and I'm not sure if this was just my devices, but pre beta 5 every time I got a notification it would show front a center until my screen turned off, then it would automatically retreat to the list view within a few seconds, even if there was only 1 notification. Now the notification stays front and center the entire time, regardless of screen going on or off. Its much nicer having it big and readable at a glance.

Attached Files:

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

That's been there since beta 3 or 4 I believe.

3. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93