Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpharris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
:apple: My iOS6 Safari bookmarks included a folder called Favourites, but iOS7 now includes a starred folder called Favourites also. Not sure what happened but at some point when trying to move the bookmarks Safari crashed and I lost my old favourites folder. Not a big deal as I just made new bookmarks in the starred Favourites folder.

:apple: Game Centre adds your nickname to your iOS contact. However if you log into iCloud.com, it doesn't recognise the "Game Centre" handle and instead shows up and saves as a "social media" (facebook/twitter/etc) hyperlink.
On the iOS device, if you access Game Centre again it adds the Game Centre nickname again.
Back in iCloud this again gets turned into another "social media" hyperlink... Hopefully iCloud.com gets updated to stop this. I just deleted the hyperlinks in my contact and will stop opening contacts on iCloud for the time being.

:apple: Visual anomaly: under Notification centre (when pulling down) if I have No Events in the "Calendar Day View" it shows little numbers (1,2,3,4) next to the blank lines, but these disappear almost immediately. Sometimes the top of the 1 still remains, so it looks like a little white mark near the Calendar icon.

:apple: If I systematically go through the settings I normally change, when I reach Privacy > Advertising, the Limit Ad Tracking option shows the spinning bar wheel, then crashed to the Home Screen (repeatable every time). If, however, I go to this option first it works fine. There's something I'm accessing beforehand which causes this to crash, but I've not been able to work it out yet.

:cool: Apart from that, just a couple of things that annoy me with the new design:

In the Reminders app, when I click on the + to make a new list, the + stays where it is but is redundant, and a little "Done" appears. Surely better to hide the + and replace it with a 'tick', or a bigger "Done".​

When selecting 'rolling' numbers (alarm times, etc) you can no longer tap above or below to move 1 space. You have to drag and then you can't easily see what's happening to the numbers. Sucks​

Similar complaints as many over the Calendar app - it's pretty useless, but I don't generally use it. Settings/Safari/Game Centre icons. I mean, what are the game centre bubbles about? - looks so cheap​

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
I'll add a couple I just reported to Apple in the contacts app on my iPad (3rd gen)...

Tabbing off any address field in edit mode using a bluetooth keyboard (logitech ultrathin keyboard case) causes the contacts app to quit... you can quite happily tab around the name / phone / email fields without any issues.

When entering an address previous iOS versions always maintained an empty "Street" line so you could enter long addresses - as soon as you started typing in the last Street line a new one appeared below it - but in iOS 7 you get 2 Street lines and that seems to be your lot. Editing the same contact using Contacts on icloud.com still gives you the new Street lines, and once entered the iOS contacts app will happily display them but when you enter edit mode it hides all but the first 2 again so you lose part of the address. It does seem to retain the data when you hit done but those lines cannot be updated..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.