Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HighContrast*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Right, at work last night my dads best mate came to me

He has just got a 8gb iPhone 3g

He loves it , apart from a few niggly things. I knew some of the answers but for some i didn't know , do you?

1) Mms messaging. I know you can get a application to do it, but how easy is it to do it? Considering he is 40 odd !

2) Bluetooth. He is annoyed that you can't send/recieve things via this. Is there any app you can get to do this? I didn't know the answer

I am at work tonight, so if you could help me out that would be great

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
For MMS, you have to jailbreak the phone, and I'm not sure that swirly-whatever-it's-called works for 2.0.

For Bluetooth, I don't believe so. From what I remember, Apple disabled that function of the Bluetooth, and it can't be overwritten. I could be wrong, but even if it could, again, that would be a jailbreak option, and not available via the App Store.

Both of those restrictions are annoying to me too, so I know how he feels. :(

But I'm still glad I switched. :D

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I wouldn't hold my breath for Bluetooth to be fully enabled. Don't forget that the iPhone is also an iPod, and that would mean that songs and movies that were bought through iTunes would be able to be transferred to other phones and computers. I don't see Apple allowing that to happen. JMO.

But I do hope MMS is available at some point. It's ridiculous that it's not available. And I'm sick of people saying "just e-mail!" Not everyone has access to e-mail on their phone, and it defeats the purpose of messaging if the person can't access it. :rolleyes:

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
Yeah both are not available as of yet (ever?). And the funny thing with regards to bluetooth is that it has seemed to take a step backwards with the 2.0 software. Many are reporting bluetooth connectivity car issues which didn't seem to exist with version 1 firmware.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Yeah both are not available as of yet (ever?). And the funny thing with regards to bluetooth is that it has seemed to take a step backwards with the 2.0 software. Many are reporting bluetooth connectivity car issues which didn't seem to exist with version 1 firmware.

If you remember back, I believe it was version 1.1.3 that had the same problem with bluetooth. 1.1.4 fixed the problems. These problems will probably be fixed in a future update once again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.