Some Jailbreak Advice...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by davidjearly, Feb 17, 2010.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

A while ago, I unlocked and performed a jailbreak on an iPhone 3G. It is currently running 3.0 (7A341) and has firmware 04.26.08.

I want to take this iPhone 3G to 3.1.2, but remain unlocked. I can't remember if I done the original unlock with Ultrasnow or PwnageTool - and I am unsure what to use.

Any tips would be appreciated. If you need further info, let me know.

Thanks!

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I would personally use blackra1n. Its honestly hit and miss though. Just install 3.1.2 and make sure its NOT 3.1.3 and use blackra1n.

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Blackra1n works good but I recommend you use redsn0w. Also do you have your SHSH files saved in Cydia?

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I think what you need to do is use PwnageTool to restore your phone with a custom 3.1.2 IPSW. Then use Cydia to install Ultrasnow for the unlock.

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Uhhh.. He can't go to 3.1.2... Remember apples not signing that firmware anymore.. He has to go to 3.1.3...

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I think Apple is only targeting the 3GS phones and not the 2G or 3G.

7. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

they stopped signing firmware for the iphone 3gs. and to do this you need to download the 3.1.2 firmware from somewhere on the internet, then you need to use pwnage tool to make a custom firmware, (use pwnage tool because it preserves your baseband.) then go in itunes and restore to it by clicking shift + restore, if your on a pc, and if your on a mac hold option + restore. select the custom firmware file. if you by any chance screw up, and restore to 3.1.2 stock, then you can use any of the current jailbreaking methods for 3.1.2, and unlock with blacksn0w. just remember if you update to 3.1.3 there is no unlock. 3.1.2 is your limit. also blacksn0w has been reported to cause wifi connectivity issues...infact, i experienced one today.