Some Jailbreak questions [iPhone 3G]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fishmoose, Oct 18, 2009.

1. fishmoose macrumors 68000

So I feel like jailbreaking to get some of the perks. I've read a lot about under the year I had my iPhone but I still don't understand it 100%.

I know there's several methods, which one do you recommend? I tried Blackra1n but the app froze then I didn't have the balls to try again, maybe I should? If you JB with Blackra1n does it wipe your phone?

I'm running Snow Leopard, iPhone is on 3.1.2. I dont care for unlock, I can do it for cheap here in Sweden legit so I do it that way if I need it :)

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

well

search and yee shall find seriously there so many threads here and every where. this is why nobody is answering. I know personalized answers are nice but we have done this a 1000 times before or course we will still be asked a 1000 more! and I don't know how you can do it cheaper then Dev team http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/211802082/pwnage-pie Free! :D tutorial http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4255 or http://blackra1n.com/ tutorial http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5566 personally I like the Dev Team! :D the rest you can learn though searching.

3. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

But the guides about Blackra1n don't specify if you should have iTunes open? And things like that.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

fallow

Iclarified step by step done! if you need itunes open it will say! ;) also tone of youtube vids on both.

5. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Why did Blackra1n froze on me? Can it be because iTunes was open?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

yep

Geo nore Iclarified ask you to have itunes open do as instructed! it's a tutorial on Iclarified personally Dev team broke mine blackea1n dodn't work right for me. but I can do both mac and pc

7. The General macrumors 601

They also don't specify which color of robe and wizard hat you have to wear during jailbreak.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Thats probably one of the MOST IMPORTANT details of all...

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

For me it worked whether or not iTunes was open.

10. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Damn, strange the software itself froze for me! I had to force quit it and do a hard reset on the iPhone.

I dont know if it's Snow Leopard compatibly?

11. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

12. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Building my IPSW with that right now! Question though, will I lose all my music? Because then I will do it this weekend going away tomorrow so I dont have time to add all of my music again.

13. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

When I upgraded from iPhone 3.0 to 3.1.2 I did have to resync all of my music.

14. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Ah that's to bad, I think you will need to do that everytime you upgrade since you restore everytime.