Some keyboard combinations do not work wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kokoui, Oct 15, 2013.

1. kokoui macrumors member

Sep 15, 2008
    Hello I have a wireless apple keyboard and suddenly the combination shift + (any numeric number from 1-9) does not work.

Both shift buttons work because i can write capital letters, numeric numbers work and also alt+numeric keys work fine. Onle shift + numeric numbers does not work.

I also connected the keyboard to the iphone and there I had the same problem.

Any ideas anyone? Keyboard is out of warranty.
  2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

Sep 3, 2011
    It sounds like your control key is sticking. Try firmly pressing down on it a couple times.
  3. kokoui thread starter macrumors member

Sep 15, 2008
    Nope I tried that but nothing happens, none of the buttons seem to be sticky. If rapidly press shift and numeric keys will work some time
  4. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Feb 20, 2009
    [[ Any ideas anyone? Keyboard is out of warranty. ]]

My opinion, and mine only:

Replace the keyboard with a WIRED keyboard (either Apple or 3rd party, I never liked Apple's keyboards).

It will work more reliably, and you won't have to worry about batteries...
  5. magilla, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

magilla macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2013
    First (and cheapest) is to stop @ a local Rat Shack and pick up a can of aerosol contact leaner. All sorts of junk work their way into keyboards (no matter the make or style) and sometimes a quick spray of contact cleaner does the trick (leaving no residue behind.)

I also agree that, if at all practical, go with a wired keyboard, they seem, in my experience, to suffer from less problems than their wireless ilk.