Some Logic Express 8 questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by derek1984, Nov 18, 2008.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I am just starting to look into Logic Express 8 for when I buy a new Macbook in a couple of months. I am a little confused on how exactly Logic Express works. Pretty much, I would like to make some beats that I could put on a cd. Do you need real instruments plugged in to make this application work? Or can you make sounds and beats to record just by using the program without real instruments? If I want to record vocals, do I need to buy some kind of special microphone? Also, will there be a newer version of this program coming out anytime soon? It looks like this edition came out last year. Thanks

2. chelsea smile macrumors newbie

i just bought it and it is great for what you want to do. is has a drum sequencer that works very nicely called ultrabeat. you can just pick an instrument and plug the notes in by yourself. no other instruemnts or keyboards needed. you dont need a special microphone, but i would recommend it because the macbook's built in mic is more for talking it to rather then singing into, if that makes any sence. you can just buy a cheap microphone and look for a xlr connecter to usb or somthing for a really cheap alternative.

3. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles