Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmiller4642

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
First of all I love the service

here are some minor things I would like to see improved:

1. Beats Two, Three, Four, etc... separate it by genre

2. Genres a little more defined. Alt Rock like the Smashing Pumpkins and Hardcore Punk like the Misfits don't belong in the same category

3. Ability to click on similar artists on an artist page on mobile (works on iTunes)

4. Years or decades on the genre list (have a 1980's subpage, and a 1990's, 00's, 60's, etc...)

5. More video game soundtracks (I'm a nerd lol sorry) they have some of them on the service it probably isn't that hard to go get the other ones (although they probably don't really care)

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
All sound good. I totally agree on the video game thing.

My main complaint is the service is still derping with ripped albums. I had the Apollo 13 soundtrack. It decided to make the actual songs from it available since they're on iTunes, although a couple were different than the album versions, but the clips from the score weren't available. I deleted them from my iMac library and re-ripped. This mostly fixed the problem. But the "main title" track still got matched with I think the Star Trek II main title. James Horner did both, so I see where that's coming from.

This needs to be fixed. Just because I ripped something from a CD doesn't mean I want it to get matched like that. If the album title isn't recognized, don't eff up my local tracks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.