Some MP3's won't work on my new Mac, Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FinalxxDistance, Oct 20, 2009.

1. FinalxxDistance macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MacBook Pro today and was editing some of my songs on iTunes when I noticed some songs and even full albums were missing, I went back to my external harddrive and the files were still there but when I tried to open them in iTunes they didn't wanna work, anyone know what could be the problem? They worked fine on my PC and iPod so I don't know what could be wrong.

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

3. FinalxxDistance thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, I ripped these myself from CD's. I don't understand why they don't work though since most of the other MP3's I ripped using the same program work still, I thought it might be the program at first.

4. HBOC macrumors 68020

That is weird. So when you click on the mp3 file, from the external, it doesn't import the file to your new computer? I wonder if you need to go into the iTunes settings (i.e.; the import settings)... I haven't encountered this problem..

5. FinalxxDistance thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I click on the MP3 to try and play it but it doesn't even show how long it is or anything, it's completely blank. I'll try and change the import settings on iTunes and see if that might be it.

6. sparkn macrumors newbie

Not sure if it's your problem, primarily because I don't know what it affects, but when Snow Leopard installs, it gives the option of installing QT7 for some backward compatibility. Anyone else able to elaborate on just what the new quicktime won't play?