Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2009
Texas
Sometimes in the Music app, a few songs just become unplayable... If I tap it to play it, it either says it's playing but the scrubber doesn't move, or it kicks me back a screen and never even tries. Usually a reboot fixes it, but not always.

I sync from iTunes, and I know that the file is there...

--Edit--

It seems random because most of the music plays.

Last edited:

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
the tracks that don't play, what format are they encoded in? (.aac, .mp3, etc...)

I had this issue back in 2007 with my original iPhone, back then my tracks were .mp3 and they had issues playing on my iPhone, so I converted all of my tracks to .aac and the issue went away.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
I had this exact problem. Unsync all of your media (music, books, videos) and resync. If that doesnt work. Backup your device then restore from the backup.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2009
Texas
So I figured it out. All of the stuff I had bought on my iPhone since I got my 4S was corrupted or something because it was only that music that wouldn't play. I unsynced everything and those songs were still there. So I deleted them all and resented. Everything is peachy now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.