Some music showing Matched, some showing Apple Music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by StuMcBill, Apr 19, 2016.

1. StuMcBill macrumors 6502

Hi,

Im an Apple Music subscriber, but I also have a local collection of MP3s on my Mac, although some of the

were not the best quality, so I thought i would sign up for an iTunes Match subscription.

I backed up my local library to an external hard drive and then left iTunes to it for an hour or so.

I Had a look at my library this morning, and 5% of my music says Matched, another 5% says uploading and about 90% of it says Apple Music.

Does this mean this has DRM'd my music? Or has it just not processed these songs yet?

Any way I can reforce iTunes to match these again, I'm pretty sure most of them are available in iTunes.

Cheers

Stewart

2. Tech198, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016

Tech198 macrumors G4

• Apple Music: You added this song from Apple Music or it was matched to an Apple Music song.
    • Matched: This song was matched with iTunes Match.
    • Purchased: You bought this song from the iTunes Store.
    • Uploaded: You uploaded this song to iCloud Music Library from a CD or other source.
    That is from Apple's own site : https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203564

All Apple music is DRM, so yes, if it was matched, it is now DRM... you may want to also check if it was replaced by a different version.

U can double check, weather it DRM..: delete your local copy, but don't remove it from cloud.. instead download it, and try playing it in something other than itunes .....VLC for example, it won't play.

To force update : in Tunes, go to File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library

3. StuMcBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I understand that, but when I left the house this morning, most of my library was showing as Apple Music, however, these are ALL mp3 files that reside on my hard drive - and should be "matched"?

Stewart

4. Tech198 macrumors G4

hmm.. I remember having exactly same issue.. It matches from the store first, than it matches with Apple music catalog... when using both services.

However, if they are mp3's then they should have NOT matched and instead would say "Uploaded"

U sure all of them are on the store ? If 90% of them are matched with Apple music, that looks like their not on the iTunes store, but they are available on Apple music..

You can tell which came from where if u do a search in the iTunes store and Apple music for some of those songs

5. StuMcBill thread starter macrumors 6502

I removed all my music from iTunes, which set my library back to zero, I then turned iCloud Music Library back on, which then showed all my music again, however, most of it is showing as Apple Music, when it is available in the iTunes Store - Song 2 by Blur for example.

Is there anyway I can fix this, or am I stuck with this?

Stewart