Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
So I've been running iOS 10 on 2 devices; an iPhone 6s and a 6 plus. Beta 4 has made my 6 plus feel faster than iOS 9.3, and my 6s already felt that fast before this build.

Based on how well it performs now, more than a month from release, it tells me iOS 10 could be the fastest release ever. I've always felt the 6 plus to be a sluggish fool. Like the A8 was built for the 6 and had to do what it could to handle the 6 plus' outlandish screen demands.

iOS 10 changes that massively, and I can't wait to see what iPhone 7 brings to the table.

Reactions: Zirel and swarlos

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
There have been beta releases in the past that performed faster(but not necessarily better) than the GM and eventual x.0 release.

I'm not holding my breath because anything can happen at this point, but I'm seriously enjoying iOS 10 so far on my 6+.

Reactions: Abazigal

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
Yeah, they keep tuning the performance and animations. It will most likely go down by the time GM is released. It happened with iOS 9 too. I remember one of the Beta's was insanely good on my iPhone 5 and then by the time we hit GM, it was back at so-so levels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.