Some musings on how fast the iOS 10 public build will be.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by daijholt, Aug 4, 2016.

1. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

So I've been running iOS 10 on 2 devices; an iPhone 6s and a 6 plus. Beta 4 has made my 6 plus feel faster than iOS 9.3, and my 6s already felt that fast before this build.

Based on how well it performs now, more than a month from release, it tells me iOS 10 could be the fastest release ever. I've always felt the 6 plus to be a sluggish fool. Like the A8 was built for the 6 and had to do what it could to handle the 6 plus' outlandish screen demands.

iOS 10 changes that massively, and I can't wait to see what iPhone 7 brings to the table.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

There have been beta releases in the past that performed faster(but not necessarily better) than the GM and eventual x.0 release.

I'm not holding my breath because anything can happen at this point, but I'm seriously enjoying iOS 10 so far on my 6+.

3. masands macrumors regular

Yeah, they keep tuning the performance and animations. It will most likely go down by the time GM is released. It happened with iOS 9 too. I remember one of the Beta's was insanely good on my iPhone 5 and then by the time we hit GM, it was back at so-so levels.