Some of my web design class work

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Elixer, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Elixer macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in critiquing some stuff I made my web class. I want to rework it host it on my own. I know there is a lot of stuff here but even if you look at one, it is greatly appreciated. :)

First project was to just make a portal that would lead to the other projects done in the class.

The second site we got to choose any artist we wanted to and make a site for them.

Next is a travelogue for my trip to Grand Island.

This one is done for a fictional clothing store. Note: some links lead to no where, this is because they were not required by the professor.

We started learning flash, so here is my e-card I made for video game day, lol.

And lastly my porfolio site which had to be done in flash. This was the last project and it didn't quite make it to where I wanted it to because I didn't quite "get" flash. Note: Might take a little bit to load when you click on things. The films don't work the server can't handle that according to the professor.

Thanks again for your help.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Some of your images are loading really slow for me, and I'm not on a slow connection. Are they web-optimized?

3. CrazyIllini macrumors member

From someone that is just starting to learn html...

The sites look like they should look good but they don't (If that makes sense). Of course it would take me days to recreate the work you have done but I don't think after your course you really learned how to make a "good" website.

However those words are coming from someone with no web development experience.

4. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Crazy... are you a graphic designer??

because from what I am seeing from MOST students who come out of college with a web design degree is that they hardly learn ANYTHING about design and learn only coding.

The websites are coded.. and they were likely hand coded which is a LOT of work, but you need to learn design skills. Laying out a website takes similar skills to laying out a brochure. You need to learn typography, flow, content organization and color theory

You sites are ok, but they are lacking any design that makes them good.

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

The sites look nice. I like them. But they seem like they were made in Photoshop and then imported into Dreamweaver. On the flip side, the graphics are nice :)