Some old dock and iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gpc17, Feb 2, 2011.

1. gpc17 macrumors regular

Hey.

Just like to know if some old universal dock ma045g/a works with an iphone 4?
    Thanks

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Depends on your definition of "works". I have the universal dock (not the newer version but the one with the plastic white remote) and it "works" for me if I don't have an insert in the dock. If you're using your phone naked then obviously it'll work if you buy the iPhone 4 insert, but if you have a case, then it will only usually work if there is no insert in the dock. I know some companies (specifically Switcheasy) does include dock inserts with some of their cases. So technically it'll work but it just won't be perfect in most situations

3. ridax macrumors newbie

ridax

This dock is actually better than the "new" universal dock, as it provides video out for the iPhone (with a standard/cheap sVideo or 3.5mm AV cable). The current Universal Dock does not provide video out, but requires an additional (expensive) iPhone-specific video cable.

As for the fit for iPhone 4, it is an Universal Dock and as such is no different from any other dock that use the dock adapter plates.

4. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

This is the same dock I use, I just took the insert out and it fits with all my cases except the Otterbox Defender.