Some one HELP ME with this stupid screen! model 2010 GLOSSY SCREEN!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cyberheart, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Cyberheart macrumors member

Cyberheart

I bought my macbook 2 months ago and i started to get eye strain about a month ago and its getting worse i tried everything i lowered the brightness and i also installed apps that lowers the brightness even more i even bought a anti glare screen for it but didnt do anything i still get eye strain from the mac i still on my mac 6 hours a day but i strt to get strain in 20 minutes i would never get eye strain when i had my hp laptop wtf is apple putting in these damn screens thats hurting my damn eyes. give some suggestions cuz im tired of this crap i want to take it back but its past my return time limit.. i even tried to calibrate the screen but i dont know if i did it right it didnt help anyways.

2. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have never calibrated any of my MBPs glossy or anti glare and have never had a problem.

3. auero macrumors 65816

I don't think anything is really going to help you besides trying to exchange at the store. How far away are you from the return date? Sometimes managers will make an exception.

I couldn't figure out the cause of my eye strain until someone mentioned the idea of the glossy screen. Ever since I only buy matte and can't be happier. It sucks that they don't make ACD's in matte anymore.

To REDUCE eye strain I'd try to keep the screen as bright as possible. That would reduce you seeing the reflection in the screen. Calibrating won't make a difference.

4. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Well, usually there is no need to calibrate the screen especially if it's new, but it doesn't hurt I guess.

Do you mean because of the glare that the glossy screen gets? Try using your computer in a setting where you don't get glare and see if that's it. There shouldn't be that much glare with an antiglare screen film, though? I have the same model as you and lowering the brightness to minimum is just ideal, there is no way that brightness level can be a strain on your eyes.

You could just return the computer and order a new one from the online store with the matte screen option, which would solve the glaring problems.

5. marc11 macrumors 68000

I would think a visit to the eye doctor would net you better advice then an internet forum. IMHO anyway.

6. Cyberheart thread starter macrumors member

Cyberheart

im going to try to sell the macbook and get my hp laptop or asus back the eye doctor has nothing to do with this.. I think its the flicker rate its way too high on macbook pros.

7. c1phr macrumors 6502

Flicker rate should only be hurting your eyes if it's too low, and even then it would have to be super low, well under 25-30hz.

Glossy affects all people differently. You could always try ordering (or trying in an Apple store) a matte model and see if there is any improvement.