Some OS X files corrupt, won't restart.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Braby, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Braby macrumors member

Something happened to my operating system and it wasn't working right, so I tried a reboot and when I go to turn it on it says "You need to restart your computer." There is a disc in the slot, so I can't boot from the restore discs because I can't get the one out. I've tried the things Apple.com tells me to and it won't work. Can anyone help me?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

thats a kernel panic :(. there could be a problem with your hardware. post the panic.log found in /library/logs and someone may be able to help you.

firstly boot into install dvd 1 by holding C on startup and repair your hard drive using disk utility in the utilities menu after you select your language.

if this doesnt work then try zapping your PRAM by holding option-command-P-R on startup and releasing the keys after the secong loud chime.

if this doesnt work then boot into install dvd 1 for a hardware check. if theres any problems then call apple and theyll help you out. (thats if you still have your warranty intact).

3. Braby thread starter macrumors member

Well, I have a disc stuck in my disc drive and I was also wondering if there's an easy way to get it out.

Thanks for the reply.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Hold mouse button on startup to eject disc.

5. Braby thread starter macrumors member

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Now, are you still getting a kernel panic on startup?

7. Braby thread starter macrumors member