Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Braby

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Something happened to my operating system and it wasn't working right, so I tried a reboot and when I go to turn it on it says "You need to restart your computer." There is a disc in the slot, so I can't boot from the restore discs because I can't get the one out. I've tried the things Apple.com tells me to and it won't work. Can anyone help me?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
thats a kernel panic :(. there could be a problem with your hardware. post the panic.log found in /library/logs and someone may be able to help you.

firstly boot into install dvd 1 by holding C on startup and repair your hard drive using disk utility in the utilities menu after you select your language.

if this doesnt work then try zapping your PRAM by holding option-command-P-R on startup and releasing the keys after the secong loud chime.

if this doesnt work then boot into install dvd 1 for a hardware check. if theres any problems then call apple and theyll help you out. (thats if you still have your warranty intact).

Braby

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Well, I have a disc stuck in my disc drive and I was also wondering if there's an easy way to get it out.

Thanks for the reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.